firm active: 1907-1921
minneapolis, minnesota :: chicago, illinois
This leaded glass panel came with the William Gray Purcell Papers when that collection was accessioned by the Northwest Architectural Archives, University of Minnesota Libraries. The size of the piece suggests that it may have been intended for a front entrance sidelight or similar opening. There is no documentation explaining the independent presence of the panel. However, it is likely that it was kept in the office as a sample, and may possibly have been gained for that purpose when unneeded or rejected by a client. Another leaded glass panel, originally intended for the Lyman Wakefield house, wound up set in the dictionary stand for the Edna S. Purcell residence under those circumstances.